ROH Death Before Dishonor IX 17.09.2011, iPPV in New York City, NY

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 16/8/2011, 20:01     +1   -1

Group:
WM Re-Founders

Roderick Strong and Eddie Edwards are both former ROH World Champions, they are both men at the top of their game, and both want nothing more than to once again carry the most prestigious championship in professional wrestling. On March 19th at “Manhattan Mayhem IV”, Edwards got the better of Strong and beat the HoT member for the ROH World Title. On May 21st, at “Supercard of Honor VI”, Strong received his championship rematch and once again it was Eddie Edwards who came out with his hand raised in victory.

Now they will meet one more time at “Death Before Dishonor IX”, and this time it will be under the stipulations of a 1st Time Ever bout here in Ring of Honor:

The “Ringmaster’s Challenge” will see these two former World champions compete in a 2/3 Falls bout: the 1st fall must end in pinfall, the 2nd must end in submission, and if a 3rd fall proves necessary, it will be contested as a 15-Minute Iron Man contest. No championship is on the line this time, but the winner of this battle will most certainly step up in contention. This is a match that will test every facet of these two warriors; their heart, their endurance, their passion, their wrestling ability, and then some.

Edwards vs. Strong, the “Ringmaster’s Challenge”, September 17th at “Death Before Dishonor IX” live in iPPV! Tickets for this annual event are on sale now (www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch...&product_id=546), and if you can’t be in attendance, you can order it now on GoFightLive: www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/R...ishonor_IX/1146!

The “Ringmaster Challenge”- 2/3 Falls Match
Eddie Edwards vs. Roderick Strong with Truth Martini
* First fall is pinfall only. Second fall is submissions only. If necessary, the third fall is a 15 minute Iron Man Match.

Scheduled to appear:
- World Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas
- El Generico

view post Posted on 18/8/2011, 12:17     +1   -1

Group:
WM Re-Founders

Ladder War III
Briscoes vs All Night Express

* First fall is pinfall only. Second fall is submissions only. If necessary, the third fall is a 15 minute Iron Man Match.

Scheduled to appear:
- World Tag Team Champions Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas
- El Generico

view post Posted on 2/9/2011, 21:34     +1   -1

Group:
WM Re-Founders

308962_10150285104551328_71739451327_7946530_8156441_n

LadderWarFinal

Ladder War III

It has been debated between ROH officials in many a heated meeting over the past several weeks, angry words and demands have been thrown out over Twitter and Facebook from the men involved in the situation, and all have been calling for some resolution to the same situation: Ladder War III.

Jay and Mark Briscoe want it, just look at a pair of Jay’s tweets over the last few days: @jaybriscoe84 “ROH officials…grow some ***** balls and make it official! #LadderWar” and “ANX were the dumbasses that pulled the ladder out of the truck… Give us what we want ROH #LadderWar #MakeItHappen”.

The sentiment from Rhett Titus & Kenny King has essentially been the same: @rhetttituxanx “wondering how this @ringofhonor meeting is going regarding #LADDERWAR … why the hell wasnt I invited???” or @kennykingpinanx “Man **** these briscoes, ima spare everythang but these briscoes, take a ladder out the damn truck and crush these briscoes #ladderwar”

The consensus of the two teams involved in this contest is obvious; give them Ladder War, but ROH officials, based on the previous Ladder Wars, and particularly the last one the Briscoes were involved in at “Man Up”, have been extremely hesitant to ever allow that match stipulation to come into play again.

But things finally came to a head this morning and a decision was made…

“We have spent the better part of the last month butting heads over this decision.” stated ROH Executive Producer Jim Cornette, “The Ladder War is dangerous to everyone involved and presents a liability that Ring of Honor has not wanted to take on, especially in light of our debut on broadcast TV in a few weeks. That being said, we have come to a conclusion that this issue between The Briscoe and The All Night Express is not going to be settled any other way. These four men have essentially told ROH officials they will not stop the violence until the Ladder War is set for New York, and quite frankly, I am sick and tired of having to pull them apart at every turn. So, on September 17th at ‘Death Before Dishonor IX’, live on iPPV, it will be Jay and Mark Briscoe versus Rhett Titus and Kenny King…in Ladder War 3! A contract for a title shot at ‘Glory by Honor X’ will hang above the ring, I just hope these four guys live to regret their choices…”

The Briscoe vs. The All Night Express, Ladder War III, live on iPPV at “Death Before Dishonor IX”, September 17, 2011 from New York City! Get your tickets now in the ROH Store (www.rohstore.com/index.php?dispatch...w&product_id=54) or order it on iPPV courtesy of GoFightLive: www.gfl.tv/Events/Fight/Wrestling/R...fore_Dishonor_I X/1146.

Ladder War III
Jay and Mark Briscoe vs. The All Night Express
*A contract for a Tag Team Title shot at “Glory By Honor X” hangs above the ring

Special Challenge Match #1
Shelton Benjamin vs. “The Prodigy” Mike Bennett with Brutal Bob

Special Challenge Match #2
Charlie Haas vs. Michal Elgin with Truth Martini

Grudge Tag Team Match
Jay Lethal & Homicide vs. Tommaso Ciampa & Rhino with The Embassy

Three Way Elimination Match
The Young Bucks vs. Future Shock vs. The Bravados

One-On-One
El Generico vs. Steve Corino with Jimmy Jacobs

view post Posted on 5/9/2011, 22:51     +1   -1

Group:
WM Re-Founders

-On the same day as the Corino vs. Generico match was announced, Kevin Steen tweeted that he had to see the match in person. He later invaded the ROH message board again under the handle "The Generic Luchador Must Die" and wrote a message asking for tickets that read, in part:

I think Death Before Dishonor will be so awesome this year you guys!!!!!

Not only will it have great matches but I heard a rumor a certain someone that we are not allowed to name might show up.

It's true you guys!

When they announced ''The King of Being a [EXPLETIVE DELETED] and apologizing to people that don't even deserve to be in the same locker room him, let alone run the company he works for'' Steve Corino against ''The Generic Luchador who's responsible for sending away the only guy who makes ROH truly must-see event'' El Generico, he-who-must-not-be-named (unless it's to promote dvds so they can make money off his back!) posted on his twitter (best twitter ever, after Jay Briscoe's...although that one kind of lost some its edge today didn't it!?!) said that he had to see that match in person!!!

OMFG WHAT DOES THIS MEAN DO YOU THINK HE'LL SHOW UP?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!11111

I think it means he'll show up. Like, he'll totally show up you guys, and like, totally kill people LOLLLL!!!!!!!

So now, I want to go. I need a front row tickets. Can anybody help?!

I'm also going to buy the iPPV AND the DVD when it comes out because the mere chance of Him showing up even for a second is turning me on and making me want to pay 3 times to see the same show HOLY BALLS!!!!!!!!!

PM me if you have a ticket for me ok thanks!

3 replies since 16/8/2011, 20:01   159 views